A Guide for Professionals
«Family and Multi-Family Work with Psychosis» provides a practical step-by-step guide for professionals treating psychosis using family work.
The authors draw on over ten years of experience working with family and multi-family groups where there are members with a psychotic disturbance. They provide helpful guidance on vital issues, including setting up initial group meetings, crisis intervention plans, group structure, problem solving and communication in the group. Subjects covered include:
* The stress-vulnerability model
* The group structure and framework
* Family-work in early psychosis
* Working with families of people suffering from psychosis and substance misuse
* What can the family do to be of help and support?
This accessible, jargon-free guide will be of great interest to anyone interested in investigating the potential for using family work to treat those with psychosis.
Forfatter: Trond Gronnestad, Anne Lise Oxnevad
Published for isps – The International Society for the Psychological Treatments of the Schizophrenias and other Psychoses.